We are xdeck!
xdeck is Germany’s first startup accelerator from founders for founders. It focuses on early-stage tech and digital startups shaping primarily the future of the consumer and commerce industries. xdeck is seed-funded by the founders of FOND OF and made possible through strong partners: Capnamic Ventures, Cherry Ventures, Deutsche Bank, Heuking Kühn Lüer Wojtek, High-Tech Gründerfonds, Kienbaum Consultants International, Köln Business, McKinsey & Company, Volksbank Köln Bonn, Nexum and more. xdeck is located in THE SHIP, Germany’s most digital office building in Cologne-Ehrenfeld. For more information on xdeck, please visit us on www.xdeck.de
As co-managing director, starting as soon as you can, you will work directly with the existing core team and founding partners of xdeck. You will sharpen xdeck’s long-term strategy, including its value proposition to our startups and partners, as well as ensure smooth operations of its acceleration offering. In addition, you will complete setting up our own pre-seed venture capital fund and become responsible for managing it.
The current xdeck team consists of a mix of previous entrepreneurs, leading business school graduates, tech strategy consultants and first and foremost creative minds. We are playful performers who work hard, enjoy each other’s company and aspire to always have an impact with everything we do.
ARE YOU XCITED ABOUT…
- LEADERSHIP? You are a true team player and a servant leader. You push your team towards aspirational objectives while developing and supporting them at every point of the way, personally and methodologically. You act as a role for model for people around you, especially the startup founders whom xdeck helps accelerate.
- EXECUTION? You prefer doing over talking. And you know how to get things done in a fast, efficient and uncomplicated way – across different worlds: you seamlessly move between the startup, venture capital and corporate sectors.
- ENTREPRENEURSHIP? You love new ideas and being visionary. You see new opportunities, you foster different options and you boldly shape the future of xdeck.
- ANALYTICS? You prefer data and structure over chaos. You feel at ease dissecting new business models, challenging the assumptions and economics behind, and accelerating them towards market success.
- COMMUNICATION? You have a strong network across the startup and venture capital sector and you excel at bringing together inspiring and relevant people. You are yourself when on a stage. You excel at holding keynote speeches, moderating panels and engaging a large, demanding audience both remotely and in person.
If all of the above describes you, then we are already a bit XCITED about you. We expect the following qualifications from you:
YOU HAVE …
- relevant experience in both the startup and corporate worlds. Ideally, you combine having founded or led a startup company with a background in strategy consulting, banking or venture capital
- a university degree in economics, business, engineering or another relevant field of academic studies, graduating with outstanding grades (top 10 percent)
- strategic and conceptual-analytical skills. You know how to structure complex challenges without harming the creative process to solve them
- team-spirit and a good sense of humor. You know when and how to motivate people and enable them to be the best version of themselves
- very good contacts to the investor and entrepreneurial scene, and are willing to extend your network further
- excellent German and English skills
- an independent way of working and a high level of professionalism
We look forward to receiving your application!