We are xdeck!
xdeck is Germany’s first startup accelerator from founders for founders. It focuses on early-stage tech and digital driven startups, today with a relevance especially for the consumer and commerce industries. xdeck is seed-funded by the founders of FOND OF and made possible through strong partners: Capnamic Ventures, Cherry Ventures, Deutsche Bank, Heuking Kühn Lüer Wojtek, High-Tech Gründerfonds, Kienbaum Consultants International, Köln Business, McKinsey & Company, nexum, Volksbank Köln Bonn, and more.
As communication and social media manager, starting as soon as you can, you will work directly with Nadja, our communication and events lead. You will push our communications and events setup while engaging with entrepreneurial marketing and building startup companies. In addition, you will support in office and infrastructure matters where needed. We gladly accept applications for a full-time, but also for a part-time position.
You will become a key member of our xdeck core team and support us in professionally communicating what we do. And being perfect hosts. This will include frequent interactions with our startup founders and our corporate partners. We are looking for an ambitious, self-responsible professional with a passion for communication, events and people as well as a strong hands-on mentality and the aspiration to make a difference in the rapidly evolving startup sector in Germany’s west.
ARE YOU XCITED ABOUT …
- COMMUNICATION? You are an all-round talent and work with our communications head Nadja to market what we do through LinkedIn, Instagram, Medium.com, our website and the press, both in written and in visual content. You produce editorial plans, write short texts, create appealing graphics and interview interesting people from the startup sector. No matter what – you rock at communications.
You love bringing people together. Jointly with Nadja and our whole team, you organize professional, warm, exciting conferences, talks or exclusive get-togethers. With inspiring people from both the startup and the established corporate world. These events will take place at THE SHIP as well as virtually and may well be realized in a blended physical-virtual setting.
- STARTUPS? You are intrigued by new ideas, innovative technologies and business models as well as fascinated by smart and driven people. A bit like Elon Musk are the people we are working with.
- TEAMWORK? You are a team player by nature, but not afraid to voice your opinion and you have the ability to inspire others to work towards a common goal.
- EXECUTION? You prefer doing over talking. While you are able to produce well-developed concepts, you love taking action and getting things done.
If all of the above describes you, then we are already a bit XCITED about you. We expect the following qualifications from you:
- completed a vocational training or hold a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Marketing, Media, Business or a similar field
- show a good academic track record
- have relevant practical experience from working in startups, industry firms, media agencies (e.g., web design, graphic design, social media or organizing virtual/physical events, office administration)
- are a “team-above-all” player and have strong communication skills
- are passionate about innovation and new ideas
- have a strong hands-on mentality
- are well organized and able to manage and prioritize many projects simultaneously
- are fluent in German and English
- have a strong command of MS Office and relevant communication tools
xdeck is located in THE SHIP, Germany’s most digital office building, in Cologne-Ehrenfeld. For more information on xdeck, please visit us on www.xdeck.de. We look forward to receiving your application!